Saturday, October 30, 2010

religion...

Now ive been an agnost for the better part of my life, only having changed my views recently. I always found it hard to understand the rituals associated with the church and the constant chanting of prayers. My mother once said i ought to have been born as a Buddhist, since their prayers involves just turning the scrolls on a pillar. The person who almost always influenced me in such matters of faith was a very close family friend, Asmi. She and her twin sister, Arya were my bro's age and they were our closest family friends in Delhi.  I was closer to asmi, for the main reason that she was more approachable. She used to fill my head with ideas about the One God and why worshipping idols was a waste of time. I used to stare in wonder at this girl of just 9 who would talk like she had just deciphered the reason for wars post 2000. Now, these twins were peculiar. Arya was tall and athletic; Asmi was graceful and petite. Asmi due to her small size was almost always targeted by bullies in the colony who would throw stones at her, hurting her in the process. Just so, she felt our side of the lane safer and would take me out on the cycle for her theology classes. Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment