Friday, October 1, 2010

contd...

Risk-that single word is enough to make the biggest chicken guy of all times act like some gut-filled dude down the lane. people talk of loving to take risks, but counting the number of ppl who actually take it is as easy as a,b,c. I don take too many stupid risks, but sometimes if i feel i might regret later for not trying, i would always be game for -limited risk. walking out to play wid ma hand injured and cut was bad enough. The fact that i got out for a duck, dropped a catch and then had to go home crying due to the intense burning of ma hand after the match was worse. I had developed my phobia for diving into open spaces from that day on. It reminded me of spaces filled with glass shreds
Phobia is something that is created when u lose something u imagine ul win always. My love for acrobatics ended tat day.My fear of lizards remained. But finally one day i reversed it, and at the age of 7 took one lizard by its tail, dipped it in a bucket of water in my first home in delhi and killed it. I had conquered my fear. i had reversed phobia. From loss to victory. It was fun seeing the horrified look on my houseowner's face when she saw what i did to the lizard and most importantly to the bucket of water kept for bathing by someone in the house. she complained, my mom came roaring, i realised my back was not as thick as a hippo and i ended up on ma bed watching the lizards on my wall, satisfied that they were my pets from now on. Even today, i encourage their growth.They keep my room free from mosquitoes and more importantly they keep away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment