Tuesday, October 19, 2010

contd new..

Hindi, the dreaded language of we southies was more like gibberish script to me with a line on top. I used to always wonder why the top line was needed and i hated the way certain alphabets in it seemed same. Like ba and bha.Ka and kha. ta and tha. My hindi teacher had a tough time negotiating with me. But like they say, any language you don kno, ur sure to know the swear words it contains. So was it for me. Swearing in school and home while playing, hindi or for that any matter is grasped in this down to 'earth' manner. While at school, i was once reprimanded by my teacher for not doing my homework. She couldnt understand that none in my family were expert enough in hindi for me to do my work the perfect way she wanted. What followed was insult and humiliation. She made me go to my bro's clas, bring him out from ther(don forget he was the star among teachers back then too) and she insulted me in front of my whole class, with my bro by my side, tellin me to be more studious and smart like him. Obviously my bro didnt quite think the scolding was fair  and stood embarrassed as well. My repulsion for hindi and its teachers began from tat day...And my bro got the tool to blackmail me into losing the next few matches of our wwf fight-by threatening to tellin my mom, if i failed to allow him to throw me around on the bed and try out the stunts shown on tv......lol.wwf was really ingrained into us...

No comments:

Post a Comment