Sunday, September 26, 2010

Contd....

I soon realised being a priest is not all about eating sdausages and singing songs.U need some divinity, it wasnt meant for me.I had begun my long walk into the realms of confusion. Josie uncle loved smoking pipe and i used to think he looked like a rockstar with it in his mouth. I tried it once, only to realise the harshness of strong tobacco on tender throat. An immediate repulsion to smokin developed in me and i had joined the long list of anti-tobacco kids, who had not yet found out its pleasures!!

In delhi, cricket was a game played not just as a silly game , but rather a game worth an india-pakistan war. Here the streets always took the analogous form of the bitter nations, as i found out soon. We had formed our own team. I was made the captain( not a boast) since the bat and wickets were most of the time mine.So much for my wishful thinking that i was the only genuine all rounder in the colony. I pipped my bro to the captaincy post since even tho my bro was better than me any day in any game,he was a wide waist guy back then(totally unlike now) and i was the nataraj pencil round the block-waiting to be knocked and chopped by the bullies. My time would come tho .I was close friends with the bullies of the opposite street and tat was a big plus point to stand out among a group of cowards(including me)

No comments:

Post a Comment